Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

June Pointer dies...

June Pointer, the youngest of the singing Pointer Sisters known for the 1970s and 1980s hits 'I'm So Excited,' 'Fire,' and 'Slow Hand,' has died, her family said Wednesday. She was 52.


June died of cancer Tuesday, April 11, 2006, at Santa Monica University of California, Los Angeles, Medical Center, the family said in a statement. She had been hospitalized since late February.


It was the 80's, clubs were hopping! We were still young and hopeful; looking for romance, looking for love, looking for whatever......

The DJ's were blasting and we were dancing to: "I'M SO EXCITED" by the Pointer Sisters... I still remember the words.

Tonight's the night we're gonna make it happen
Tonight we'll put all other things aside
Give in this time and show me some affection
We're going for those pleasures in the night
I want to love you, feel you
Wrap myself around you
I want to squeeze you, please you
I just can't get enough
And if you move real slow, I'll let it go

I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it
I'm so excited, and I just can't hide it
And I know, I know, I know, I know I know I want you

No comments: