Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

UP DATE



There was a time, not very long ago when I would post almost daily and then my world turned upside down. My mother's three month hospitalization, Daisy my PUG dogs' diagnosis of Canine Cognitive Dementia and attempting to establish some semblance of a relationship with a new friend drained me of most of my energy. I could not even turn the computer on much less read blogs, comment or write.

It has been the roller coaster ride from HELL!

On November 9, I read a post by my dear friend THE WORD GODDESS (aka The Pobble)who is seems was also having a difficult time blogging. This dear friend used the term "stuck-ness" to describe her inabiliity to post more regularly and vowed to begin blogging on a daily basis for the next 30 days. I loved the term "stuck-ness" and responded with my own vow to begin blogging today and to blog daily until January 1, 2007.

FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS!

HOME AT LAST......

After three months and one day in the hospital with what was supposed to be a simple hip replacement surgery, my mother is finally home! We spoke today and needless to say, both she and my father are much relieved. My mother will continue receiving in home physican therapy and nursing assistance until she is able to transfer to and from her wheechair and ambulate independently but we remain hopeful. The most important thing is she's home.

LOVE YOU......

Can anyone tell me exactly what that means? Last Friday, when I was leaving work Al said "Love you". After three months, this caught me completely off guard and my only response was "me too". Does that mean I love myself? If you love me and need to tell me so, please have the consideration of saying "I LOVE YOU" or better still, show me that love my by your actions. I don't need to hear the words.

I understand this may sound petty or worse still, harsh but I seem to be hearing this term (love you) used more and more frequently in casual conversation and even in multiple e-mails. It seems to have lost it's true meaning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And away we go...

:)

Bougie Black Boy said...

love how you rearranged the look on your site! Sorry i've been incognito. How are you?