Pages

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

When I informed the Pobble that I would once again begin blogging on a regular basis, I made the mistake of promising to blog daily until January 1, 2007. I also added, "if I miss a day of blogging, call me because there's something wrong".

I hadn't planned on getting the "cold from HELL"!

Monday at work, along with several of my co-workers, I became congested, chills, fever, etc. Two members of my staff went home while I decided to try to make it through the day; becoming more and more congested.

I arrived home, walked and fed the dogs after which I hit the bed. Blogging was the last thing on my mind.

On Tuesday morning, I received the following e-mail from the Pobble.

[You didn't post yesterday. Your cell phone isn't accepting calls and your home line is busy. I will try your work here in a bit.]

I immediately telephoned the Pobble to reassure her that I wasn't dead, just trying to recover from this nasty virus and much too weak to blog. I went back to bed, where I've been for the past two days.


Today, I'm feeling a bit better although still weak.

I remind myself that although I love the independence of living alone and treasure my privacy, it's times like these when it would be heavenly to have a live-in.

In the meantime, I thank the Pobble for caring.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your exact line was "walk, don't run, to the telephone." And so I did. Why? Because I love you. ;)