Pages

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Life goes on



The original plan was to go on holiday December 22 thru January 3, 2007 but plans it appears, are subject to change.

Because I work for a not-for-profit organization partially funded thru federal grants, we are subject to annual audits. This year the audit is scheduled on January 22, 23 and 24th; meaning that all vacations have been cancelled until after the audit.

I am not amused.

With my mind primarily focused on our audit, I declined several party invitations and spent Christmas eve quietly at home, with friends stopping by for cocktails on their way to a local club.

The dogs and I awoke Christmas day to rain, which continued most of the day.

New Years Eve plans were to attend a party with friends and fellow workers in St. Petersburg after which I intended to stop by a local gay club to wish friends a Happy New Year. As evening progressed, my motivation to go out quickly deminished and I chose to spend the night with the dogs at home.

New Years day was met with rain again which continued throughout the day. It was a day to remain indoors and reflect.

2006 was a year filled with emotion.

My mother was hospitalized for several months.

Daisy, my pug is approaching 13 years of age and with the onset of arthritis, has slowed down considerably. I am very concerned. Daisy has been a major part of my life since she was 6 weeks old. I cannot imagine life without my puppy.

I severed ties with William, my "friend with benefits" for the past six years and also broke up with "my young man" because with the vast difference in our ages.

My family and friends are concerned that I'm becoming reclusive. I'm not certain how to answer.

I'm tired and need a change of scenery. I need a vacation.

New Orleans is calling!

2 comments:

BostonPobble said...

And there is always ~ ALWAYS ~ a room in Worcester. You can even come here and simply be reclusive in a different part of the country.

RIC said...

Do you think it would be a good idea to go to New Orleans after what happened and how it still is today?...
I don't like «recaps». They always manage to bring me down. Maybe I'm not so «realistic» as I think I am...
Friendly hugs!