Pages

Thursday, February 01, 2007



February should prove to be an exciting month for me; and what better way to begin the month than with four days off making this a very long, well deserved weekend!

Valentine's Day, the feast of St. Valentine holds special significance for my family and I. My late grandfather was born on February 14th and is named Valentin (French).

Valentine's Day gives me pause to reflect on love...... The love I've had, the love I've lost.

I've never entered into a relationship that I've regretted, and amazingly I'm still quite fond of my former lovers and we remain casual friends.

People grow apart for a variety of reasons. I'll reflect on former relationships in the next few days.

"T is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all. "


In Memoriam. xxvii. Stanza 4.
Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809-1892)


Mardi Gras will be celebrated on February 20th this year and I'll get into Mardi Gras mode immediately after Valentine's day..... I hope to reflect on some adventures and misadventures that have occured during my many trips to New Orleans.

No comments: