Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2007

WHAT IS THIS MAN THINKING?

.
.

I THINK THE RED PRADA SHOES ARE TOO TIGHT~
.
LORENZAGO DI CADORE, Italy - Pope Benedict XVI has reasserted the universal primacy of the Roman Catholic Church, approving a document released Tuesday that says Orthodox churches were defective and that other Christian denominations were not true churches.

Benedict approved a document from his old offices at the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith that restates church teaching on relations with other Christians. It was the second time in a week the pope has corrected what he says are erroneous interpretations of the Second Vatican Council, the 1962-65 meetings that modernized the church.



Meanwhile, back in the USA..... those Catholic pedophile priests appear to have been very busy!

The Los Angeles, California archdiocese and its insurers will pay between $600 million and $650 million to about 500 plaintiffs who have been abused—an average of $1.2 million to $1.3 million per person. The settlement also calls for the release of confidential priest personnel files after review by a judge assigned to oversee the litigation, the sources said.

The settlement would be the largest ever by a Roman Catholic archdiocese since the clergy sexual abuse scandal erupted in Boston in 2002.

Among the largest total payouts was $100 million in 2004 by the Diocese of Orange, Calif., to settle 90 claims.

The Archdiocese of Boston agreed in 2003 to pay $84 million for 552 cases, roughly the same figure the Diocese of Covington, Ky., agreed last year to pay to settle about 360 claims.

Facing a flood of abuse claims, five dioceses—Tucson, Ariz.; Spokane, Wash.; Portland, Ore.; Davenport, Iowa, and San Diego—sought bankruptcy protection.

Last month, the Archdiocese of Portland agreed to pay about $52 million to 175 people, while setting aside another $20 million for anyone who comes forward in the future.

The Diocese of Spokane, Wash., also recently emerged from bankruptcy protection after agreeing to pay $48 million to settle about 150 claims.

The Los Angeles archdiocese, its insurers and various Roman Catholic orders have paid more than $114 million to settle 86 claims so far.


4 comments:

ConnieJane said...

The Catholic Church must have the only insurance company that's loosing money.

RIC said...

Isn't it becoming far too odd that so many people were abused by catholic priests in the USA?...
I'm sorry for being suspicious, but it strikes me as another campaign for some people to make easy money... Just like what happened with tobacco companies...
Which means, all in all, that I no longer believe whether or not there were really so many abuses...

As to the Pope, we're heading for the Middle Ages back again... And it had to be exactly with a scarying Bavarian!...

dondon009 said...

The high powered attorneys that accept these cases do not do so without extensive investigation.

Remember that the Catholic Church and it's insurance companies have the resources to hire high powered attorneys, also.

Attorneys will not even accept a case until it has been thoroughly investigated and verified first.

Trust me on that one!

DON~

Nancy said...

I am proud to say I am a former Catholic. We quit when the church was going though it's lies in Boston. I could not look my kids in the eyes and tell them the molesting did not happen.
They wanted to leave just as much as my husband and I did because of the bold face lying that was going on.
I could see the hurt and pain in some of the victims eyes on the news...former Card. Bernard Law should rot in hell for what he put the poor victims through.
Organized religion is not for me or my family any longer.
Our motto is "you can be a good person and Christian with out going to a building" and handing over your hard earned money.
again interesting post...thanks