Pages

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Or is it?



On my way to work yesterday "Black Friday", and approaching my place of employment, I passed by Kmart and Walmart directly across the street from each other. Both parking lots were flooded with cars, lines of people stretched a block long.....

According to the evening news, people were trampled trying to get into the stores once the door were opened. Fights broke out, an elderly lady in a wheelchair was injured during the stampede. Is it all worth it? I'm not certain.

No one I know partakes in this American version of the running of the bulls. No one I know actually shops in either Kmart or Walmart. Well, some probably do, they just won't admit it.

I read the sales sections of the paper and it was tempting. Laptops for $399.00, 27 inch televisions for $149.00; and then I noticed it. Lord of the Rings, Return of the King and The Fellowship of the Ring..... DVD's on sale for $5.88 each. Dammit, dammit, dammit, I wanted to watch those three movies during my Christmas vacation.

I went to work, thinking about those three movies all day. I had to have them and yes, I was going to get them at $5.88 each.


Both KMart and Walmart had them on sale at the price, as did Target. I find Target somewhat bearable so the goal.... stop by after work, pick up the DVD's and get on my merry way.

Five o'clock and on my way home. Target number one, SOLD OUT! Target number 2, SOLD OUT! Target number 3, SOLD OUT.


By this time, I am NOT leaving this store empty handed. I purchased Meet the Fockers, $5.88 and with a free lovely neon pink plastic digital watch.

2 comments:

nancy =) said...

you could always try target.com

same sale price, less hassle...for just a marginal shipping cost =)

Twisted Lady said...

I shop Kmart, Walmart and Target. I also love Dillards. Not to mention the rest of the mall and when I can't find it there, I go online and shop. I buy from Tiffany's, Jlo and ebay. I have an Amazon account.

There, not only did I admit to Walmart but I now that I look at this comment, I should have way more shit piled up at my house. Where is it all?

I dunno.