Pages

Sunday, July 23, 2006

CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

He's finally lost his mind!


Actually, I haven't lost a damned thing; just a little bit tired of this oppressive heat and longing for some cool weather. I was simply checking back on some of my previous templates today and looking at this template made me feel just a little bit cooler........... so I thought I would share! Now back to the toothache.....



............................................... Christmas Tooth Fairy

THE DRAMA CONTINUES........

Three weeks later, the broken tooth (third from center right) called the eye tooth is causing me to go blind with anger. I've come to terms with the fact that the tooth has to go...... not a problem, right? Of course it's a problem. First of all, "dentists" don't extract teeth anymore. You are referred to an "oral surgeon" for extractions. Then, there's the dental plan which most oral surgeons don't accept; leaving a very short list of choices. And then, of course the dreaded appointment.

"The doctor can see you in three weeks." EXCUSE ME? I'm in PAIN dammit! I've already taken a full course of antibiotics and pain killers. If this isn't taken care of NOW, I'm gonna have to start another course of medication and I don't want to do that. If the damned tooth has gotta go, it's gotta go NOW. And by the way, what about the bridge to replace the missing tooth?

"Well now, that will take approximately two weeks after the broken tooth is extracted."

Two days later, I receive a telephone call from the oral surgeon. The tooth can be removed Tuesday. All is well until the following morning when I receive another telephone call from the oral surgeon..... the extraction is not covered by your dental insurance plan!

Another call to my insurance provider..... yes it is covered, no it's not, yes it is, no it's not!

Back home that evening, I check the referral form from my primary care dentist. He's marked the wrong tooth for extraction.

Holy fucking shit!

Does anybody out there have a good pair of pliers?



8 comments:

Connie in FL said...

Sorry that was me...typo.
What I meant to say was...

Meet me at O'Keefe's and we'll tie that tooth to a door knob and slam the door!

Then off to the bar for some real "medicine!"
What do you think?

BostonPobble said...

Conniejane got to my suggestion, the bar, the string and more "medicine" first. So that's two votes. ;)

Jon-Marc McDonald said...

I hate teeth issues. I had braces for five years and the last year my Dad lost his insurance for the family and we could not afford to get them taken off. I was in the process of removing them myself when my mother caught me and caved and took me to the dentist.

I hope your pain gets taken care of soon. I'm sure it is hell

CrackerLilo said...

I like ConnieJane's suggestion, too.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this! Bad enough to have a hurting canine that needs out without layers of bullshit being heaped on top of it!

And I like the Christmas template idea. L'Ailee and I have baby penguins on our home computer for the same reason.

Twisted Lady said...

I love the snowflakes.

Waddie G. said...

can I have all those men for my Christmas in July???

I wish I had my own set of pliers too...I am so not mechanically inclined.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! The Xmas template shook me up a bit. lol

nancy =) said...

i'll take 'em all, thankyouverymuch =)

i just love christmas in july...it is just hot hot hot here and not in a good way...so thanks for perking things up a bit for me, dondon...

and i think you need to meet up with conniejane asap...sorry for your pain, sweetie...

peace...