Pages

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Goblet of Fire

The first call I made this morning was that I would be arriving late for work. I've probably been late for work less than 5 times in the last five years and considering that it's an almost two hour commute each way on a daily basis, my bosses are very appreciative.

Today, I called in late and without hesitation explained that the reason I would be late was because the new Harry Potter movie was released today and I wanted to get to the stores before they were sold out. Not a problem, see you when you get here.

Ya gotta love it because I'm a major Harry Potter fan having read each book twice and already have the first three movies on DVD.



This is significant because I don't recall the last time I went into a movie theater;
Certainly not in the last 16 years because I've never set foot inside a movie theater since living in Florida.

I can't stand the babbling, the whispering, people getting up to use the bathrooms or get over priced junk food at the candy counters. Most importantly, I can't smoke and since they don't have intermissions..... if I leave to have a cigarette, I miss some of the movie. Therefore, it takes patience but I wait until movies come out on DVD and I purchase them and watch them in the comfort of my home.

Crackers and cheese, a glass of wine, my comfy recliner and the puppies on my lap. Since I don't smoke in my home; I don't want the pugs breathing second hand smoke, I pause the movie and have a smoke on the patio.....Life doesn't get any better than this.

Capote comes out on DVD on March 21st., and Brokeback Mountain will be available on April 4th.


I'm set to go!

4 comments:

sjobs said...

I love Harry Potter also. My niece and nephew have read each book 3 times and have listened to each one at least 3 times. They can quote the lines.

Your movie viewing habits sound wonderful to me......I just like laying on the couch with my head on Gill's lap.

Mary

Anonymous said...

A wonderful way of enjoying a good movie. =)

Moviegoers can be so annoying.

sttropezbutler said...

A man with a plan!

Way to go!

STB

BostonPobble said...

Is it possible we were separated at birth? This is my favorite way of watching movies as well. I add popcorn but otherwise, it's the same ~ down to smoking outside on the patio! Move back to Boston!!