Pages

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Watching over him....


The Winter Fairy


I've truly dreaded the approach and finally the beginning of the month of March.

It will be one year ago on the 21st that my foster son lost his life in an automobile accident.

Not a day goes by that I don't think about him.

I think about him when I go to bed at nite and again when I wake up each morning. I keep saying to myself "maybe after the first year, things will get easier".

I remember the first day that in snowed in Boston this year. It was early November when one of my coworkers mentioned that it had snowed up north.

My immediate reaction was anger, "I don't want him covered with snow, dammit"; and I fell apart. There have been days like that.

One day at a time.......

8 comments:

sttropezbutler said...

Exactly.

STB

nancy =) said...

i suppose after many many "one day at a time's" it must get easier...i don't think there will ever be a day when you don't think of him, tho...but there will come a day when you remember the times you spent with him, and not the loss of him...

but what do i know...

i'm so sorry for this loss...i feel it, too...

peace...

Bobby Xanadu said...

Don boy -- the loss of someone you love is not something that goes away quickly -- nor should it. You will never not think of him...and like Nancy said -- the day will come eventually when what you remember will be the wonderful times spent together and not this feeling of loss. My heart is with you, my dear friend -- as are my thoughts and prayers at this time of rememberence and reflection for you. Hugs...

sjobs said...

When my mom passed away, the first anniversary seemed to mark a new beginning. The firsts are so difficult.

All one can do is take it one day at a time. It wasn't long ago, I walked by the Este Lauder counter and smelled my mother. I started crying right there. It has been almost 13 years since my mom passed.

Take care, thinking about you....

Mary

Twisted Lady said...

I don't think anyone can ever get over losing a love like that...

I try to picture how they would want me to carry on...

And I do.

christine mtm said...

i'll be thinking of you and keeping you in my prayers this month.

Connie in FL said...

Any loss is a heartache but the loss of a child is something especially devastating. My sister in law lost her 14 year old daughter two years ago and she's still numb. I can not fathom enduring such a thing.

Time does heal but it doesn't make the emptiness go away. The good times will see you through.

All good wishes going out your way.

Anonymous said...

emotionally charged.