Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Kiss the Weekend Goodbye!

The best laid plans can sometimes ..... fly out the window!

I've been waiting for the Clearwater Jazz Holiday to arrive, and it's finally here. Four nites of free Jazz in Coachman Park, just a 5 minute walk from my house..... and yes, I was able to attend Thursday evenings concert featuring my man, Eric Darius.

Friday morning.... the news arrived. Since I'm employed by a not-for-profit organization funded by federal grants, we're audited yearly and this years audit is scheduled for the first week in December; and of course since we're understaffed and have been for months, yours truly has been designated to "pick up the slack" which means.... overtime from HELL!

Friday evening, I had to work late which meant forget the Jazz Holiday. Here I am, Saturday morning at work (blogging)! Actually I'm on break. The plans for the evening are to attend tonite's concert and definately take in tomorrow nites concert since they are featuring two jazz groups from New Orleans!

Let's see what else comes along to totally F*&# up the weekend!

3 comments:

Connie in FL said...

Enjoy Don!

Anonymous said...

Those not for profit jobs sometimes can turn all "sweatshop death camp" and work the hell out you.

sttropezbutler said...

I trust you made it to the concert. You have to nourish your soul as well..as you know!

STB

Go Astros..