Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Saturday Nite

The Art of Gangoroh Tagame

I like the Pro Shop Pub....... a neighborhood-type bar in downtown Clearwater.

It's great to arrive and be welcomed by the bartenders and owner.
They know your name there, and if you're a visitor they're quick to introduce themselves to you, make you comfortable and (if you wish) even introduce you to the locals.
I arrived at the bar (after watching the Tampa Bay Buccaneers lose "UUGH" to the Jacksonville Jaguars) and after a 6 day stress-filled workweek, I needed a drink! A Gin and Tonic with a side of Green Apple Pucker would be a great start to the evening. My friend Tim, having had to work until 11 PM arrived shortly after me followed by (perpetually late) Vinny.
The "first shift" early drinkers had left when I arrived at the bar (great because it gave me a chance to catch up on local "news" with the bartender/manager Steve); but by midnight the "second shift" began arriving and the bar quickly filled up. The new DJ played a great mix of music, the sound perfect (you could actually hear yourself talk). After my fourth drink, I knew it was time to head home. I can walk to the bar in less than 10 minutes so no problem with drinking and driving, but I still want to be alert. I've met some fairly "interesting" men on the way home, but tonite the streets were quiet.
The Pro Shop Pub has it's own website. You can check it out here:
  • PRO SHOP PUB
  • No comments: