Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2005

New Orleans


Do You Know What it Means to Miss New Orleans

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans And miss it each night and day

I know I'm not wrong... this feeling's gettin' stronger The longer, I stay away

Miss them moss covered vines...the tall sugar pines Where mockin' birds used to sing

And I'd like to see that lazy Mississippi...hurryin' into spring

The moonlight on the bayou.......a Creole tune.... that fills the air

I dream... about Magnolias in bloom......and I'm wishin' I was there

Do you know what it means to miss New Orleans When that's where you left your heart

And there's one thing more...I miss the one[s] I care for More than I miss New Orleans.

Lyrics sung at various times by Billie Holiday, Fats Domino, Louis Armstrong and Harry Connick,Jr.

1 comment:

BostonPobble said...

I remember when I was away from Boston ~ my heart would ache to be there again. As if it were a person I'd lost. Now, my heart aches for you because you are feeling that same way.