Pages

Friday, September 23, 2005

A POSTING FOR A FRIEND!

My trips to New York have been infrequent since moving to Florida. I now spend most of my free time in New Orleans, my adopted home.

When I lived in Boston, I would take quarterly trips to New York City calling these trips "theater weekends". My best friend and her husband were living in the Chelsea Hotel at the time. My college roommate was living on West 84th. My partner was attending Fordham University so I stayed at the Plaza to be close to him. I never saw much of the city. Shopping was done on Fifth and Seventh Avenues, both evenings were spent going to the theater, drinks in the village.

My partner, upon graduating from Fordham, chose to remain in the city. I chose to remain in Boston. End of relationship, end of story. I've never really seen New York.

The Harlem Renaissance

No comments: